Happy Birthday Karri!! Final Chemo is 10/15 - hooray!!

Happy Birthday Karri!!  Final Chemo is 10/15 - hooray!!
The actual date of Karri's birthday is October 8th but we've been joyfully celebrating all week long. She's been able to go out to eat, see movies, watch Allie play volleyball, and attend church. We love watching her enjoy her favorite foods again. We are so grateful for all your support; it has been critical to help her to celebrate this birthday with gratitude for her return to good health. She continues to improve steadily each week. Pictured here: Allie (14), Brandon (24), Karri and Jerry, and Abby (6). Matthew and Jordan are away at school. Love from all of us to all of you.

Sept 13th: Happy Birthday Jerry!

Sept 13th: Happy Birthday Jerry!
The Robisons (sans Jordan away at school) celebrate. Karri has had a good weekend too! She is eating a healthy normal diet without nausea, and with the benefit of an epidural shot, she is beginning to regain some mobility. While her back pain is not entirely diminished, she has begun to get around with a cane instead of a walker - yay!

June 22: Welcome Home from the hospital Karri! Good Luck w/Chemo

June 22: Welcome Home from the hospital Karri! Good Luck w/Chemo
The Robisons with Mother's Day gifts and the "Wrap Yourself in Our Love" quilt made by friends from church. L to R: Matthew, Brandon, Karri, Jerry, Jordan and Allie

May 31st - Jordan's Senior Prom photo op

May 31st - Jordan's Senior Prom photo op
Despite looking great, Karri is fighting post surgery complications including serious infection and debilitating, persistent nausea.

Monday, August 18, 2008

Things Have Been Going Pretty Well

Hey all you bloggers - sorry that it's been so long since I wrote. There hasn't been a lot of exciting news to report - the main thing that's happened is that I moved home. I still go down to my parents house a lot, but I am sleeping at my house now. I just got to the point where I missed being with Jerry and the kids all the time and since I've been feeling better - they don't have to worry about taking care of me. My parents certainly did their share of taking care of me when things were not so great! The only problem I really face now is that the fluid build-up in my abdomen still hasn't gone away, so I still have to go and have it drained every 5 days or so. It still causes nausea at times and prevents me from keeping food down, but luckily only about 1 or 2 days a week does this happen.
On a positive note, I was visited by some teachers from Cambridge and it really lifted my spirits. I had already been visited by Kathy O'Brien and Kathy Flores, and then last week Beth, Wendy and Mary came to see me one day and Colleen and Vicky came to see me the next day. It's really weird to not be getting ready to start school like everyone else, but at the same time I'm in no shape to be working full time! Hopefully by January my strength will come back and I can return to see all my friends at Cambridge.
Looking ahead - I have a CT scan on Wednesday, so I'll let you know the results of that as soon as I know. Thank you again to everyone who's been calling me, sending cards, visiting, or bringing meals in. I really appreciate what everyone is doing.
Love, Karri

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Karri-

Great news! I am glad to hear you are home with your husband and kids. It must be nice to be home. I am glad things are getting better for you.

Take care,

Brandey

Anonymous said...

Wow, must be nice to be back in your own territory. I live next to an elementary school and the activity is starting to pick up over there, so I understand how you might feel like you're supposed to be doing something. Old habits... Glad to hear you're doing better.

You might find this funny--one of my boss-doctors has been growing out his hair, much to the chagrin of the department chairman. He's going through something, I dunno what, but he bought an old Vespa like dad used to have and other odd stuff. I mentioned you to him and told him that the next time the chairman suggests that he cut his hair, he tell them he's growing it for Locks of Love in your honor. He really liked the excuse, and might even go for the idea.

Take care, Karri. Thinking of you!

Karleen

Anonymous said...

Karri,
I am so glad that you are doing better. If I were there I would have visited you with the third grade team...I miss Cambridge too!
Lindsay

Karen said...

I've been nonstop at school lately--and thinking of you. When August hits it just starts being time to do it all over again. Your kids (the school ones!) will be missing you. I'm so glad that you are feeling well enough to be home, and one of these days you'll be walking the halls at Cambridge again!

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that you are back home, it must feel pretty good to you. We pray for you and yours that the Lord will bless you with what you need.

Karleen, Are you saying that the Vespa is odd?...LOL We have been seeing a lot of those around here since the gas prices have gone up so. I like the idea of Locks of Love too.

Karri wishing you well and say hi to all the family.

Love,

Clairlyn and Family

Anonymous said...

I was really looking forward to joining you this semester in the classroom, but don't think you're rid of me yet cause as soon as you're back I'll be back to visit! Glad to hear that things are really looking up, can't wait to see you again!

Nicole