Happy Birthday Karri!! Final Chemo is 10/15 - hooray!!

Happy Birthday Karri!!  Final Chemo is 10/15 - hooray!!
The actual date of Karri's birthday is October 8th but we've been joyfully celebrating all week long. She's been able to go out to eat, see movies, watch Allie play volleyball, and attend church. We love watching her enjoy her favorite foods again. We are so grateful for all your support; it has been critical to help her to celebrate this birthday with gratitude for her return to good health. She continues to improve steadily each week. Pictured here: Allie (14), Brandon (24), Karri and Jerry, and Abby (6). Matthew and Jordan are away at school. Love from all of us to all of you.

Sept 13th: Happy Birthday Jerry!

Sept 13th: Happy Birthday Jerry!
The Robisons (sans Jordan away at school) celebrate. Karri has had a good weekend too! She is eating a healthy normal diet without nausea, and with the benefit of an epidural shot, she is beginning to regain some mobility. While her back pain is not entirely diminished, she has begun to get around with a cane instead of a walker - yay!

June 22: Welcome Home from the hospital Karri! Good Luck w/Chemo

June 22: Welcome Home from the hospital Karri! Good Luck w/Chemo
The Robisons with Mother's Day gifts and the "Wrap Yourself in Our Love" quilt made by friends from church. L to R: Matthew, Brandon, Karri, Jerry, Jordan and Allie

May 31st - Jordan's Senior Prom photo op

May 31st - Jordan's Senior Prom photo op
Despite looking great, Karri is fighting post surgery complications including serious infection and debilitating, persistent nausea.

Sunday, August 3, 2008

A Great Vacation!

Karri here, reporting on our fun in the sun. We had several good, sunny days at the beach where those who went in the water said the waves were great!. I couldn't go in the water, but I could certainly sit in a beach chair(with my new scarf and hat) and read my book. We went on a long bike ride one morning and Jerry and I just got a bicycle for two and then I kept my feet up and he did all the pedaling! We managed to stay with the group the whole time. We rented a transport chair, which is a scaled down version of a wheelchair, and Jerry pushed me along the strand with the group for our morning and evening walks. The transport chair worked really well at Disneyland also - helping us to get in quickly on many rides without a wait. I rode a lot of rides at Disneyland, but by late in the day I'd hit my limit. Jerry, my dad and I drove back to our hotel after dinner and I slept extra good that night. We also went to dinner at Cheesecake Factory - all 20 something of us - on our last night there and I was actually able to find something I could eat on the menu! It was a fun end to a fun week. The only not-so-fun part was that my sister and I had to spend the better part of a day at a local hospital getting the ever-present fluid drained from my abdomen. They took out 7 liters again - where does this liquid come from? Hopefully the chemo treatment I'm having on Tuesday will take care of it once and for all! Well campers, that's about all on our vacation - next time I'll fill you in on exciting details of my "Chemo week".

10 comments:

Lyn said...

Hi Karri,

Jordan sat with us at church and told us how much fun your trip was. I'm glad to hear you had a great time! Good luck with chemo this week. We'll continue to keep you in our prayers.

Love,
Lyn

Joanie Abbott said...

Hi Karri,
I was at a conference with the Cambridge crew (just a few), and heard you were sick. You will beat this! You are one of the most positive people I know, hang in there. Glad to hear you had a great vacation. My thoughts and prayers are with you, and your family.
Take care,
Joanie Abbott

Anonymous said...

Hi Karri,

Glad you had a fun trip! Art and I are in Carlsbad right now, tomorrow we'll go to the San Diego Wild Animal Park. We've seen Zanni once, and plan to see her a few times more. This is our last hurrah before school starts -- I think I'm just about ready. We'll be praying for you tomorrow as you start your next treatment --
Love,

Beth Stine

Anonymous said...

Hi Karri,

I'll be thinking about you today while your getting your chemo treatment. I hope is goes well.

Take care,
Brandey

Karen said...

So glad that you had a great time away from everything! We're thinking of you this week and hoping that everything goes well.
Love, Karen

Anonymous said...

Karri,

It sounds like your trip was wonderful. We are so glad you enjoyed yourself and your great family while in Southern California. We hope all goes well this week with your treatment. We continue to think and pray for you each and every day. Love, Stacey and Bruce

joyce said...

I spent many happy days at Hermosa when I was growing up (in LA). I always hung out at 22nd Street. There was a green store there and that's what we called the beach...Green Store Beach. There was a little take out restaurant right by the strand that sold these horrible chip things called "strips." We ate them with...catsup...eeeewww! Is any of that still there??? Thinking of you this week, Karri. Good luck.
joyce

Anonymous said...

Karri,
I am so happy that you had a great vacation with your family! I will be thinking about you and praying for you this week.
Lindsay Mattingly

Anonymous said...

Hi Karri,
I am so glad you had a nice vacation. Just wanted you to know you are always in my thoughts and prayers. You have amazing courage and strength. I can't wait to have your positive energy back at Cambridge!
Love,
Kathleen Champion

leslie said...

Hi Karri,
I'm so happy to hear of the good time you had on the beach trip. Although I cant begin to imagine the work you had to do to get yourself ready to go, I'm not surprised you were able to do it! By the way, I love your wig-it really fits you nice.
Love,
Leslie