Happy Birthday Karri!! Final Chemo is 10/15 - hooray!!

Happy Birthday Karri!!  Final Chemo is 10/15 - hooray!!
The actual date of Karri's birthday is October 8th but we've been joyfully celebrating all week long. She's been able to go out to eat, see movies, watch Allie play volleyball, and attend church. We love watching her enjoy her favorite foods again. We are so grateful for all your support; it has been critical to help her to celebrate this birthday with gratitude for her return to good health. She continues to improve steadily each week. Pictured here: Allie (14), Brandon (24), Karri and Jerry, and Abby (6). Matthew and Jordan are away at school. Love from all of us to all of you.

Sept 13th: Happy Birthday Jerry!

Sept 13th: Happy Birthday Jerry!
The Robisons (sans Jordan away at school) celebrate. Karri has had a good weekend too! She is eating a healthy normal diet without nausea, and with the benefit of an epidural shot, she is beginning to regain some mobility. While her back pain is not entirely diminished, she has begun to get around with a cane instead of a walker - yay!

June 22: Welcome Home from the hospital Karri! Good Luck w/Chemo

June 22: Welcome Home from the hospital Karri! Good Luck w/Chemo
The Robisons with Mother's Day gifts and the "Wrap Yourself in Our Love" quilt made by friends from church. L to R: Matthew, Brandon, Karri, Jerry, Jordan and Allie

May 31st - Jordan's Senior Prom photo op

May 31st - Jordan's Senior Prom photo op
Despite looking great, Karri is fighting post surgery complications including serious infection and debilitating, persistent nausea.

Friday, August 22, 2008

Another stint in the Hospital

Hi folks! Unfortunately, Karri's pain worsened overnight and after more tests and x-rays and another 8 hours in ER this afternoon, she was admitted this evening and will have an MRI tomorrow morning to see if they can figure out what all the back pain is. Unless she is lying flat and is completely immobilized, she has truly awful and very painful spasms - like nothing you've ever seen before, I promise you. The doctors don't think it is related to the cancer - it may be just her string of luck to have her back randomly go out on her. At any rate, she is on mega-painkillers to try and get it under control. We'll post more details as we know them.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Back pain ugh!, reminds me of before my back surgery last Jan. I hope you can get that taken care of by other means and begin feeling better real soon. prayers for you and your family are daily and I am sure a lot more are coming your way.
With Love, Aunt Pat

Unknown said...

We will keep praying for you. I loved seeing your beach pictures and it was fun to see all the women with their scarfs. It is great you have such a wonderful support team!!

Love Jeanne from Everett Wa

Anonymous said...

Boy do I know back pain! I so feel for you Karri. I hope that it just may be back spasms, although painful easily treated. OUr prayers are always with you.

BTW, how was Traveling Pants? Come you some thing else to think about when you tell me.

Lov Ya,

Clairlyn

Anonymous said...

Shot! Should have check what I wrote...lol Now I can give you something to laugh about too. My bad grammar and spelling :)

Anonymous said...

Karri, remember what grandma always said, "This, too, shall pass." I know sometimes you wish it never showed up in the first place, but hang in there!

I was just rearranging my living room and put out the crocheted round that mom put together as a reminder of perseverence. There are so many life lessons that grandma left behind that I'm reminded of frequently. It has helped me find the strength to plod through many things and I'm sure it will help you, too. This is one of those things.

As a person with a great many back issues, I can sure sympathize. Working for orthopaedic surgeons hasn't made me an insider for avoiding it. Just close your eyes and take slow, steady breaths. This too shall pass.

Note to Clairlyn: Vespa = normal. Boss-doctor = odd.