Happy Birthday Karri!! Final Chemo is 10/15 - hooray!!

Happy Birthday Karri!!  Final Chemo is 10/15 - hooray!!
The actual date of Karri's birthday is October 8th but we've been joyfully celebrating all week long. She's been able to go out to eat, see movies, watch Allie play volleyball, and attend church. We love watching her enjoy her favorite foods again. We are so grateful for all your support; it has been critical to help her to celebrate this birthday with gratitude for her return to good health. She continues to improve steadily each week. Pictured here: Allie (14), Brandon (24), Karri and Jerry, and Abby (6). Matthew and Jordan are away at school. Love from all of us to all of you.

Sept 13th: Happy Birthday Jerry!

Sept 13th: Happy Birthday Jerry!
The Robisons (sans Jordan away at school) celebrate. Karri has had a good weekend too! She is eating a healthy normal diet without nausea, and with the benefit of an epidural shot, she is beginning to regain some mobility. While her back pain is not entirely diminished, she has begun to get around with a cane instead of a walker - yay!

June 22: Welcome Home from the hospital Karri! Good Luck w/Chemo

June 22: Welcome Home from the hospital Karri! Good Luck w/Chemo
The Robisons with Mother's Day gifts and the "Wrap Yourself in Our Love" quilt made by friends from church. L to R: Matthew, Brandon, Karri, Jerry, Jordan and Allie

May 31st - Jordan's Senior Prom photo op

May 31st - Jordan's Senior Prom photo op
Despite looking great, Karri is fighting post surgery complications including serious infection and debilitating, persistent nausea.

Saturday, August 9, 2008

3rd Chemo not so bad

Well, I had my 3rd chemo treatment last Tuesday and so far the after effects have not been so bad - definitely better than the previous two. I think I may have turned a little corner as far as treatment goes because I have been able to eat and keep food down for a whole week now! This is probably due to the fact that the fluid build-up in my stomach has been a lot less - which is what the chemo was supposed to take care of all along! I have been taking it easy this week because I've been extra tired, but tonight Jerry and I are going out to another movie, and I'm going to my 2nd A's game on Tuesday night - so wish us luck! I want to say a BIG Thank You to everybody in Jerry's BNI morning networking group for all the wonderful gifts and cards you've been sending me. I don't even know most of you and you've shown me such kindness and support - I really appreciate it. I'm also loving hearing comments from a lot of you on this blog - Keep it up! Love, Karri

8 comments:

Karen said...

I'm SO glad that the third time has been the charm! What good news to know that this time has been easier. I check for your updates all the time--thanks for caring to keep us all up to date with you! Hope the game is great!!
Love, Karen

Anonymous said...

Your latest blog was the best news I hear all week. I'm so glad you are feeling better. Have a great week and have fun at the A's game.
Love, Joanie

Anonymous said...

Hi Karri,

I read your blog all the time. You are such an inspiration to us all! I'm glad you're going to the A's game. I hope your spirit and drive will rub off on those boys and they win big!

Hugs,
Marie

Jeanne said...

Hey Karri-

I am so happy to read on your blog that things went well with Chemo this week. What awesome news that you are seeing such wonderful progress!! I am also happy to hear that you are eating and keeping things down- that is definitely good news! What movie did you go see? Have fun at the A's game, and hopefully I will see you on Tuesday. If I don't see you before you go to the game- have a great time!!

lots of love
Jeanne Lamb

joyce said...

Karri,

It's so wonderful to hear the good news. It's amazing what one can accomplish and endure with the support of loved ones and especially your incredible "karri" community. I'll be thinking of you as you continue your recovery. Keep up the posts so we can follow your progress. Hope to see you if you're up to it, even for a few minutes as the school year begins. I'll miss you, but know that you are focusing on your health and that's the MOST important thing!

Best wishes,
joyce

joyce said...

Karri,
If I'm not mistaken you brought the A's one of their VERY fews victories of recent memory. Thank you! Can you go again soon?!
j

Anonymous said...

Hi Karri,
We are all so glad to hear that things are improving for you. We're cheering you on for continued good reports. Keep up the awesome fight and please know that we are thinking of you.

Fondly,
Your Dental Team :)!!
Dr. E, Nancy, Lynette, Mari, Jenna

Anonymous said...

Wow! I admire your courage, faith and endurance!! I have tried to contact you or your parents although I'm sure you are overwhelmed with all that is going on right now. I have prayed and fasted for you continuously since finding out about your challenge. I know Grandpa and Grandma and Heavenly Father are watching out for you, concerned for your health and well being. With the combination of the above, you are in the right hands! Continue to take good care of yourself,

Love,
Barton Rands