Happy Birthday Karri!! Final Chemo is 10/15 - hooray!!

Happy Birthday Karri!!  Final Chemo is 10/15 - hooray!!
The actual date of Karri's birthday is October 8th but we've been joyfully celebrating all week long. She's been able to go out to eat, see movies, watch Allie play volleyball, and attend church. We love watching her enjoy her favorite foods again. We are so grateful for all your support; it has been critical to help her to celebrate this birthday with gratitude for her return to good health. She continues to improve steadily each week. Pictured here: Allie (14), Brandon (24), Karri and Jerry, and Abby (6). Matthew and Jordan are away at school. Love from all of us to all of you.

Sept 13th: Happy Birthday Jerry!

Sept 13th: Happy Birthday Jerry!
The Robisons (sans Jordan away at school) celebrate. Karri has had a good weekend too! She is eating a healthy normal diet without nausea, and with the benefit of an epidural shot, she is beginning to regain some mobility. While her back pain is not entirely diminished, she has begun to get around with a cane instead of a walker - yay!

June 22: Welcome Home from the hospital Karri! Good Luck w/Chemo

June 22: Welcome Home from the hospital Karri! Good Luck w/Chemo
The Robisons with Mother's Day gifts and the "Wrap Yourself in Our Love" quilt made by friends from church. L to R: Matthew, Brandon, Karri, Jerry, Jordan and Allie

May 31st - Jordan's Senior Prom photo op

May 31st - Jordan's Senior Prom photo op
Despite looking great, Karri is fighting post surgery complications including serious infection and debilitating, persistent nausea.

Thursday, July 10, 2008

Woo Hoo! No More Wound Vac!

Yes it is true that I no longer have to carry 2 annoying machines around all the time. I went to my doctor today and he decided that my wound was healed enough to be able to go without the Vac machine. I now just have gauze dressings and tape over it - and no machine to carry around! Can you tell that I'm happy? As far as the other annoying machine goes - I'm hopefully going to get that changed to only 12 hours a day, which would be mostly at night. My nausea has been so much better the past few days that I have actually been eating somethings and keeping it all down. If this lasts and improves then I can be rid of the other machine pretty soon also. Well, I just wanted to share my exciting news with everyone - I hope everyone is well and happy.
Love, Karri

8 comments:

joyce said...

Double "woo hoo" for every bit of progress towards "healthy karri!" Congratulations for each step. It must be hard work, but your attitude and your support system is amazing. I know that you will make that family trip later this month. I'm so glad that you have that goal to reach for and meet. Keep the faith!
Joyce

Anonymous said...

I really wish that I could leave some of the pictures I took of the kids before I left on this little comment thingy but I can't figure it out! I will try to email them to you once I figure that out!! I'm so glad you are rid of one of the machines, sounds like that is a huge relief! I love reading about your progress!

Lots of love
Nicole!

P.S. If Martin were writing this he would probably tell you that his dog was sick too and that he has an extra iPod if you want to buy it from him!

Jeff said...

Yeaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!! I'm so glad for you, both for getting rid of the infernal machine, but mostly because the nausea is less! You are continually in my thoughts, and you continue to amaze and inspire me.

Anonymous said...

Hooray-what great news!! So happy to read you were able to enjoy an afternoon out with Jerry. I continue to hold you close in prayer.
Hugs,
Dena Kaloostian

Anonymous said...

YEA! Karri unplugged :) It great to hear that you continue to make wonderful progress. Where are is the family going for vacation? I was thinking of trying to see if we could hookup.

Love Ya,

Clairlyn

Anonymous said...

Yippee!! :)

Mary-Mary said...

Karri-Karri,

And I quadruple that "woo hoo", Joyce! So glad you got rid of that annoying wound "sucker". Are you ready for your "Wendy's" yet?? Maybe we could start with a nice, chocolate Frosty and a small fries??

Love ya,
Mary-Mary

Anonymous said...

Mmmmm! Wendy's frosty and fries! :)