Happy Birthday Karri!! Final Chemo is 10/15 - hooray!!

Happy Birthday Karri!!  Final Chemo is 10/15 - hooray!!
The actual date of Karri's birthday is October 8th but we've been joyfully celebrating all week long. She's been able to go out to eat, see movies, watch Allie play volleyball, and attend church. We love watching her enjoy her favorite foods again. We are so grateful for all your support; it has been critical to help her to celebrate this birthday with gratitude for her return to good health. She continues to improve steadily each week. Pictured here: Allie (14), Brandon (24), Karri and Jerry, and Abby (6). Matthew and Jordan are away at school. Love from all of us to all of you.

Sept 13th: Happy Birthday Jerry!

Sept 13th: Happy Birthday Jerry!
The Robisons (sans Jordan away at school) celebrate. Karri has had a good weekend too! She is eating a healthy normal diet without nausea, and with the benefit of an epidural shot, she is beginning to regain some mobility. While her back pain is not entirely diminished, she has begun to get around with a cane instead of a walker - yay!

June 22: Welcome Home from the hospital Karri! Good Luck w/Chemo

June 22: Welcome Home from the hospital Karri! Good Luck w/Chemo
The Robisons with Mother's Day gifts and the "Wrap Yourself in Our Love" quilt made by friends from church. L to R: Matthew, Brandon, Karri, Jerry, Jordan and Allie

May 31st - Jordan's Senior Prom photo op

May 31st - Jordan's Senior Prom photo op
Despite looking great, Karri is fighting post surgery complications including serious infection and debilitating, persistent nausea.

Thursday, July 24, 2008

Vacation Time!

Hi everyone, Karri here to apologize for not writing in so long. I had my 2nd chemo treatment last week and haven't been feeling very well and there was no real news to report. I've had the usual nausea and trouble eating and keeping things down, but now it all seems much better. The fluid build up in my abdomen got to be so much that when they drained it at the hospital they took out 7 liters of fluid! That is almost as much as 2 gallons of fluid that was drained out of me at one time! The chemo is supposed to take care of the fluid build up, but so far it hasn't so I'm a regular at the hospital to have the draining procedure done.
This coming Saturday, 7/26, we are leaving on a family vacation to go and stay at the beach in So. Cal. where we go every summer. The whole extended family is going so it will be very fun and nice and relaxing. I only have to have my TPN bag (nutrition) on for 12 hours a day so I will be a free woman most of my waking hours. Carrying the TPN bag around isn't very much fun - it's like a lightweight backpack. Since this will be the 3rd week after chemo I should be feeling my best and have a great time. Wish me luck - I'll write again when I'm down there to keep everyone posted on my condition. Thank you again for all your prayers and love and support.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so jealous! I miss SoCal. It's going to be in the 100s here all week. And humid. Since moving here I understand that "it's a dry heat" thing. I wanna go to the beach, too! LOL! I hope you have a great time.

Anonymous said...

Karri

I hope you have a wonderful vacation in Southern California. You certainly deserve the time off given all that you have been through. Have a great time and look forward to hearing how it went.

Brandey

Anonymous said...

Karri,
Please put your feet in the water for me!!!! I miss the ocean! Enjoy yourself because you deserve the vacation.
Lindsay

Anonymous said...

I miss California! I hope that you have an awesome time on vacation, it's been raining cats and dogs over here is New Mexico so I'm jealous of the sun you guys have! Look forward to hearing all about it in your next post!

Always
Nicole

Anonymous said...

Karri,

We just got back in town and wanted to catch up on your happenings. Have a great time in Southern California--enjoy the beach, sunshine and family. We send our love. You are an inspiration to us. Love, Stacey