Happy Birthday Karri!! Final Chemo is 10/15 - hooray!!

Happy Birthday Karri!!  Final Chemo is 10/15 - hooray!!
The actual date of Karri's birthday is October 8th but we've been joyfully celebrating all week long. She's been able to go out to eat, see movies, watch Allie play volleyball, and attend church. We love watching her enjoy her favorite foods again. We are so grateful for all your support; it has been critical to help her to celebrate this birthday with gratitude for her return to good health. She continues to improve steadily each week. Pictured here: Allie (14), Brandon (24), Karri and Jerry, and Abby (6). Matthew and Jordan are away at school. Love from all of us to all of you.

Sept 13th: Happy Birthday Jerry!

Sept 13th: Happy Birthday Jerry!
The Robisons (sans Jordan away at school) celebrate. Karri has had a good weekend too! She is eating a healthy normal diet without nausea, and with the benefit of an epidural shot, she is beginning to regain some mobility. While her back pain is not entirely diminished, she has begun to get around with a cane instead of a walker - yay!

June 22: Welcome Home from the hospital Karri! Good Luck w/Chemo

June 22: Welcome Home from the hospital Karri! Good Luck w/Chemo
The Robisons with Mother's Day gifts and the "Wrap Yourself in Our Love" quilt made by friends from church. L to R: Matthew, Brandon, Karri, Jerry, Jordan and Allie

May 31st - Jordan's Senior Prom photo op

May 31st - Jordan's Senior Prom photo op
Despite looking great, Karri is fighting post surgery complications including serious infection and debilitating, persistent nausea.

Sunday, June 29, 2008

Life goes on

Things are getting better, although very slowly. This is Karri talking again, and everything isn't always positive. I'm on medication round the clock, and trying to learn to eat again because I'm on intravenous nutrition all the time as well. I get very tired by just ordinary moving around, so I guess it sounds like I'm complaining an whining, but I really do feel like things are slowly turning around for the better. What really helps me feel better and brightens my day is when I get comments from all of you - my loved ones. I can't keep up with e-mailing everyone that I want to , so I'd love to hear from any and all of you either through blog comments - or you can still e-mail me as I check that every day. Thank you all for your wonderful support for me - keep it up!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Karri,

I am happy to hear that you are feeling better! :)

Brandey

Anonymous said...

Mrs. Robison (I still can't call you Karri)

I miss you so much and I'm glad to hear that you're feeling better! As soon as Brandey called to tell me about this thing I got on almost immediately! I can't wait to see you next year and I hope that you continue to have the positive attitude I know and love!

All my love and support!

Nicole

Anonymous said...

Karri-it is Jeanne from Everett Wa. I don't know if Jerry told you but I am recovering from removal of my gallbladder/hysterectomy and they lifted my colon and bladder. Nothing like what you and Shirley are going through but annoying to me.
I am watching funny movies to help me heal and I wanted to suggest that to you when you feel up to it. I can suggest some if you like and if you have suggestions I would love to hear them.
We just watched RV/ I like my big fat Greek wedding- Hitch-
My prayers and thoughts are with you-
Jeanne

joyce said...

Karri,
I see where you get your strength and fortitude. Your family is amazing and so are you. xxoo Joyce

Steve Leininger said...

Hi Karri - I think the word needs to go out to gather a lending video library of movies that can help keep your mind off the annoyances.
It was so good for everyone to see you Sunday night. Thanks for making the effort. We await the day when we can see you in Church again too. Get well and stay well.

All our love,

Steve Leininger

Anonymous said...

Hi Karri,

If anyone can climb this mountain, you can. You are so inspiring...did you know that?

Do you need some reading material? I have a good book on structured student engagement...ha ha ha! That will make you sleep well at night!

Hugs,
Marie

Maureen said...

Karri,
It really was great to see you on Sunday night. I imagine you were exhausted by the end of the evening! Aren't you glad your sweet family is so close by and is so willing to help? I would count that as a real blessing. Here is to many, many more blessings to come your way. Keep up the fight and know we are praying for you and your family.

Love,
Gale and Maureen Westover

McCallisters said...

Thinking of you!

Jane McCallister

Anonymous said...

Hi Karri,

It was great to see you on Sunday at the graduation party. I'm sure it was an effort to be there but we loved being able to see you and especially to visit with you. We hope this week will be good and that you can begin to feel stronger each and every day. We love you and pray for you and your family every day. Ask Allie about our bike ride last night. It was fun riding through beautiful Clayton. There was one hill that Allie and I had some difficulties with; however, we weathered through it together. She did say, "my Dad could make this" and I immediately responded, "I know he could." We send our love. Stacey and Bruce

Karen said...

I'm so glad that little improvements are coming along the way. I wish I knew your favorite movies--we have seasons of 24 and Lost and almost all of the Jane Austens as well as Battlestar Galactica. I know, it's a mixed set! I'll bring anything over that sounds remotely interesting....You are always in our prayers, Karen

Jeff said...

Karri,

Hang in there little sis! It will keep getting better from here. As others have mentioned, you really are an inspiration and example of courage and strength. I love you.
Jeff

Anonymous said...

Karri,
You are so strong! I am so happy that you are feeling better.
Lindsay