Happy Birthday Karri!! Final Chemo is 10/15 - hooray!!

Happy Birthday Karri!!  Final Chemo is 10/15 - hooray!!
The actual date of Karri's birthday is October 8th but we've been joyfully celebrating all week long. She's been able to go out to eat, see movies, watch Allie play volleyball, and attend church. We love watching her enjoy her favorite foods again. We are so grateful for all your support; it has been critical to help her to celebrate this birthday with gratitude for her return to good health. She continues to improve steadily each week. Pictured here: Allie (14), Brandon (24), Karri and Jerry, and Abby (6). Matthew and Jordan are away at school. Love from all of us to all of you.

Sept 13th: Happy Birthday Jerry!

Sept 13th: Happy Birthday Jerry!
The Robisons (sans Jordan away at school) celebrate. Karri has had a good weekend too! She is eating a healthy normal diet without nausea, and with the benefit of an epidural shot, she is beginning to regain some mobility. While her back pain is not entirely diminished, she has begun to get around with a cane instead of a walker - yay!

June 22: Welcome Home from the hospital Karri! Good Luck w/Chemo

June 22: Welcome Home from the hospital Karri! Good Luck w/Chemo
The Robisons with Mother's Day gifts and the "Wrap Yourself in Our Love" quilt made by friends from church. L to R: Matthew, Brandon, Karri, Jerry, Jordan and Allie

May 31st - Jordan's Senior Prom photo op

May 31st - Jordan's Senior Prom photo op
Despite looking great, Karri is fighting post surgery complications including serious infection and debilitating, persistent nausea.

Saturday, June 21, 2008

Many, Many Thank-Yous

This is actually Karri talking now. I just wanted to say a million thanks to a lot of special people who have been so kind to my family and I. I won't name names because I'd probably leave someone out, but you all know who you are - who have made meals for our family,helped take care of my children, come to visit me or sent me cards or just called to see how I am. And what an amazing surprise it was to come home from the hospital and find such a beautiful quilt made just for me by some very special people. Thank you again, I know you all spent many hours of hard work and it turned out so lovely! I feel so special to have one of the famous quilts! Thanks again to everybody for helping us out in our time of need. I still appreciate all your good wishes, prayers and love as I begin Chemo this week. Love, Karri and The Robisons

11 comments:

Jeff said...

Karri, I'm so glad you are out of the hospital. I hear great things about your improvement! You are constantly in our thoughts and prayers, and especially as you begin Chemo this next week. You are one of the special people in our family and the world! We love you!

Jeff

Anonymous said...

Hey Karri, so glad to hear that you're finally doing better! I think of and pray for you all the time. I will forward this blog site to your other friends at school. I'd like to come visit you when you're feeling better! Beth

Anonymous said...

Karri,
You and your family have been in my thoughts and prayers. It's so great to read you're at home. May it be a place of comfort, healing, and peace. I pray that you will feel the Lord’s presence in a real and tangible way as you walk through this. May He hold you in the palm of His mighty and tender loving hand.
Dena

Anonymous said...

Karri,
I am happy to hear that you are doing better! I will be thinking about you and your family and praying for all of you. I know how strong and determined you are! I am happy that I found this blog to stay informed on your progress!
Lindsay Mattingly

Anonymous said...

Karri,

I am so happy that you are home and doing well. Good luck on Tuesday with your first Chemo.

Brandey

Anonymous said...

Karri - I just found out about your illness and I am absolutely sick about it. I wish our families were closer so we could help you and your family. Know that you are in our prayers and we wish the very best for you. Your cousin - Liz

Anonymous said...

Hi Karri,

We're so happy you're feeling better and back home again. Just wanted you to know you have been in our thoughts and prayers. You're a strong, determined person. God bless you and I would love to come and visit when you're up for company.
Love, KFLO

Anonymous said...

Karri, Good luck tomorrow. I will be thinking of you.

Mary-Mary said...

Karri-Karri....It was so great to see your blog. I've been so worried since I stopped getting emails from you. Fantastic news that you are finally out of the hospital and able to start chemo today. Let me know if and when you'd like a visitor and I'll be there. Maybe I'll even bring you some "Wendy's"!!
Love,
Mary-Mary

joyce said...

Karri,
I loved hearing your mom say that you were even cracking some jokes. Humor is such a good sign of of the road to recovery and excellent health. You and your extended family have been in my thoughts and will continue to be as you head into treatment. Thanks to everyone who has kept your friends and family updated on your progress. I know that you will get back to your old strong, humorous self very quickly. Best wishes...hugs - Joyce

Anonymous said...

Karri I am so glad to hear you are doing better. I am so thankful that you have this blog to keep us all informed. You are in my thoughts and prayers daily.I know your strength, perseverance, and faith will guide you and your family through this difficult time. You are an amazing person, a true inspiration to us all.
Lisa