Happy Birthday Karri!! Final Chemo is 10/15 - hooray!!

Happy Birthday Karri!!  Final Chemo is 10/15 - hooray!!
The actual date of Karri's birthday is October 8th but we've been joyfully celebrating all week long. She's been able to go out to eat, see movies, watch Allie play volleyball, and attend church. We love watching her enjoy her favorite foods again. We are so grateful for all your support; it has been critical to help her to celebrate this birthday with gratitude for her return to good health. She continues to improve steadily each week. Pictured here: Allie (14), Brandon (24), Karri and Jerry, and Abby (6). Matthew and Jordan are away at school. Love from all of us to all of you.

Sept 13th: Happy Birthday Jerry!

Sept 13th: Happy Birthday Jerry!
The Robisons (sans Jordan away at school) celebrate. Karri has had a good weekend too! She is eating a healthy normal diet without nausea, and with the benefit of an epidural shot, she is beginning to regain some mobility. While her back pain is not entirely diminished, she has begun to get around with a cane instead of a walker - yay!

June 22: Welcome Home from the hospital Karri! Good Luck w/Chemo

June 22: Welcome Home from the hospital Karri! Good Luck w/Chemo
The Robisons with Mother's Day gifts and the "Wrap Yourself in Our Love" quilt made by friends from church. L to R: Matthew, Brandon, Karri, Jerry, Jordan and Allie

May 31st - Jordan's Senior Prom photo op

May 31st - Jordan's Senior Prom photo op
Despite looking great, Karri is fighting post surgery complications including serious infection and debilitating, persistent nausea.

Sunday, December 7, 2008

Happy Holidays!

Hi there everyone! I know that it's been a long time since I've written, but no news is good news as they say! Several people have reminded me that I haven't put a posting on the blog in about 6 weeks so I thought I'd give it a whirl. I have been living at home now since October 26 and things have been going very well. I have been keeping busy with doctor's appointments, walking in the park, re-organizing my closets and cupboards and getting ready for the holidays. I had a very nice Thanksgiving weekend with my family and Matt was able to come home for a few days. We went to San Francisco to do some shopping and we went to Napa to get our Christmas tree. This weekend both Matt and Jordan will be coming home from college for the holidays so our house will be pretty busy. I have been feeling really good lately and have got my strength and energy back to the point that I am still planning to return to school in January. My back has been doing pretty well - I have my good moments and bad moments - but mostly it has been steadily improving over the past few months. I am still in physical therapy and am also seeing a chiropractor, so hopefully my back will also be ready for me to start school in January as well! Until then, I plan to enjoy my holiday season completely and I wish everyone a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

3 comments:

joyce said...

Karri,
It was wonderful to see you at school today. Your sunny disposition really shines through! With all you have been through - you are still smiling and I could tell you are really ready to get your life back. Remember to take care of Karri first and listen to your body and heart.

I wish you and your family a wonderful holiday season. It will be pure joy to have everyone home for the celebrations.

With joy in my heart for you and yours,
Joyce

Anonymous said...

Hi Karri, I don't think I've spent more than one minute not thinking about you since I got your mom's news. What an ordeal you've been through. I read the whole blog with sympathy and fear but am sooo relieved that you are getting your old, lovely life back. I can only dimly imagine how good it must feel to clean out a closet or shop for a tree! Life is so precious and most of the time we rush around not even stopping ro realize it. You are obviously a resilient and strong woman. I truly and deeply wish you continued success and a wonderful celebratory Christmas. If anyone ever deserved it, it's you! Your second cousin, Gerri

Anonymous said...

Hi Karri:

I think of you often hoping and praying the best for you... I am so happy that you are doing so well and have such a positive outlook. I hope that 2009 is filled with continued improvement and satisfaction as you return to school.

Love,

Barton Rands